Many people and firms claim to know how to do SEO (seo). There are many SEO services to pick from. How do you know what to look for in a good SEO consultant / service? Listed below are tips.
1. Using the high competition of SEO professionals fighting for your business, some will offer fixed pricing or low pricing. A professional SEO company will not provide you with any upfront promises or pricing. All companies needs and goals are different from another. An SEO professional must take the time to get to know every aspect of your business and your advertising goals and work with you to come up with a cost for that service.
2. Be sure that your SEO company is not being outsourced to some 3rd party. What I mean with this is that, when you are shopping for professionals, confirm that they are completing the work themselves and not with a sub-contraced company which they hire. Your relationship needs to be directly with the company or person you hire to complete your marketing and advertising. Too much miscommunication will break down your advertising campaign efforts. There are certain circumstances where it may be appropriate for an SEO company to outsource part of the work. An example could be website design. If an agency is hiring someone to do the graphics and set-up only, then that’s acceptable as long as the SEO services are doing the content and optimization of your site. Professional SEO companies with have very tight partnerships with web design professionals.
3. Be sure that they can rank difficult keywords. Inquire about their strategy to get your keywords ranked. A great test is to see if their own company is on the front page of Google. There are some circumstances where this may not apply. For example, if someone has been doing SEO for a very long time and decides to start out a new company, it will take a few months to rank their own site to the top of the search engines (just as it will for yours).
4. Watch out for anyone who promises to have your organization at the top of the search engines inside a designated time. There’s no prediction nor is there some kind of formula that can be implemented to know exactly how long it may need to rank websites. If someone else is getting you to the very best within a few weeks, they are not doing ethical practices as well as only hurt you in the end. Google will get caught up to SEO’s who are using unethical practices plus you site will be penalized that will put you at the bottom of the rankings. It typically takes around 3-4 months to acquire sites ranked on Google. There may be some instances that you will get to the top sooner and a few that you may get there later. It depends on how competitive keyword phrases are.
5. Make sure that SEO is the persons full-time profession. You don’t want your SEO advertiser to become putting your campaign quietly because they have other what to tend to. You also need to be sure that they know what they’re doing and are not just achieving this as something extra to make money. Also watch out for those who think they are SEO professionals simply because they work in a computer field. Although I have a degree in Computer Computer, it did not make me a search engine professional. I learned everything I am aware outside of college via a team of experts.